Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walk Advice > Zombie Walk Advice

Old 09-25-2006, 12:01 AM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default How Long Should a Walk Be?

I'm just trying to figure out the Lurch route, and wondering how long/short most walks are/have been. I want to lurchlong enough to get some good attention and make the event really worthwhile, but I don't want to tire my lurchers out, either. Any advice on assigning routes would help. ^_^

Thanks!
Ren
"Glad to be Grey"
--From "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett
Old 10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via Yahoo to DJTheCrazy

...It depends on when you start it. People get tired at different rates throughout the day, after all...

If, for example, I had a zombie walk at 10:00 A.M., I would end it at 2:00 P.M., since it is the hottest part of the day through those hours, and one is much more apt to become tired then.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Renaessance Send a message via AIM to Renaessance Send a message via MSN to Renaessance Send a message via Yahoo to Renaessance
Default Hmm, that's something good to consider.

We have a "pre-lurch" at three thirty, then the actual Lurch will be starting at 5pm. Whaddya think?
"Glad to be Grey"
Old 10-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Site AdminModerator

I would keep it shorter than that, unless the pre-lurch is something low key like a picnic in the park or something. Ours go about two hours. Our throats are all sore by then.

We start with 5 zombies, attack and convert as we go along, handing out makeup kits so people can join us in attacking newcomers. We reach our peak about 45 minutes into it. At that point we pretty much stop adding new zombies and stop following a planned route. Just let the mob figure out where it wants to go. At some point when your numbers have thinned out, you can take them to more interesting places like museums, etc. Somewhere between two and three hours they will probably want to be led to a bar. That is usually the last stop.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:34 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Default *grins* Thanks!

I don't know if I have enough $$ to hand out a bunch of makeup kits, but I am bringing a few big bottles of blood, some mirrors, an extra limb or gnawing in, and some latex to help people get that torn look if they don't have their own at the Pre-Lurch. If people want to join in while the lurch is going, I thought that's what I'd use the "Bottles o' Blood" for. ..I hope that'll be okay..!

Which Walk did you/do you run?
"Glad to be Grey"
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Site AdminModerator

By Makeup kits i mostly mean "fake blood in 1 oz shampoo bottles". You can get the bottles on ebay for about $0.25 per, and 32 oz of kryolan brand stage blood is $25. You might want 64oz if you expect a ton of people.

The fastest way to get blood on someone is by diluting it and putting it in spray bottles. Only give those to pepole you trust! The kryolan blood powder is good for the bottles, it's *****er.

Add a dozen small scissors for shredding clothes.

You can also have someone in charge of adding makeup to under-duressed individuals. This is what happens at the SF mobs.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via Yahoo to DJTheCrazy

I plan on doing a zombie walk in the near future, but I don't intend on having my people attack anyone, just because someone just might take action without calling the police first.

I don't intend on it being longer than three hours for any one person.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Site AdminModerator

Default Attacking the Living: great idea but...

Friends let us recall the Zombie Walk Rules submitted by Zombi from Alaska:

Zombie Rules of Conduct

1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.

2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is SPAMSPAMSPAM out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!

3. Stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.

4. No SPAMSPAMSPAM. None. Forget it.

5. No alcohol outside the bars. This will get you a nice fine.

6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Pretend the East Side is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do many times a year and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Fairbanks Police) and this event could get news coverage. Let's put on a good show.

7. Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.

Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the bars and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.

If you want you walk to be fun and sane you might consider using these as your rules.

Rick - Headmaster of the Zombie Halfway House

http://www.libertyarts.net/undead/ZHH.html

"Never be ashamed that you are deceased. You can still have friends!" - Brad Naylor, Founder - Zombie Halfway House
Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via ICQ to allergonaut Send a message via Yahoo to allergonaut
Default How Long Should a Wal

I made carrot cupcakes this evening but doubled the recipe so I also have a 2lb loaf tin of cake in the oven. The cupcakes take 25 minutes according to the recipe so how long approx should the cake take?

Can anyone help??