Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walk Advice > Zombie Walk Advice

View Poll Results: Should the ZW support autism?
yes 9 60.00%
no 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via MSN to that_guy
Default (bad) Idea

I was looking into this whole Zombie Walk thing...and I thought to myself "Why can't creative things like this happen for good causes? Why not?" So I got to thinking, why not (please don't laugh)...

Zombie Walk for Autism!!!

Now, before anything happens, I'm not saying anything bad about the Zombie Walks now, it's just...I think it'd be a good idea. I have an ASD (Autistic Spectrum Dis*****, Asperger's to be exact) and think it'd be a good way to get support in more Zombie Walks, I personally think it would help autistic children & adults be more successful in life and help give them more opportunities (let's hope not by associating autism as the need to eat brains...although that'd be intresting, cause I'm sure there's autistic cannibals) and support. At least gather support to help people like me...oh eff it, most things social make me feel like I have no purpose in life and the constant stigma keeps me from involving myself from these events and it's almost like no matter how hard I try, I cannot change on my own, and I have no where to go for help and I'm almost on my own, and so I saw this and thought to myself I would like to do this, but I know I couldn't because of my condition...whait, what if other's with my condition and people who supported us gathered to walk with us.

I thought it was a good Idea, but I see that I've been wrong yet again, and I feel like I wasted my time yet again...I just figured that someone hear would see that doing these for a good cause would possibly bring about national Zombie Walks For Autism...I mean, I don't know, I just feel like shit right now (as always) and figured I'd elaborate on my idea.

Help the autistic take that first step into success and help me become a person instead of an emotionless prop for everyone to use.

Here's some links:

http://www.autism-resources.com/autismfaq-foun.html

please post info, and has anyone done a Zombie Walk in Texas?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Site AdminModerator

Hey, your idea isn't bad. The problem is that it sounds more like a joke than like a serious project.
People would think you are comparing autists to zombies - what wouldn't be good at all.
Of course, the cause is great. But it wouldn't work.

If you want, send me a message and we can have a chat.
Cheers.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Site AdminModerator

I like what zombiehunters.org has done:
a zombie blood drive!
what better way to spread zombieism?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Site AdminModerator

Send a message via MSN to Frank West

Zombie supporting brain problems seems to fit, but we don't really want to go around calling autists zombies, that would get bad press. And a lot of people wouldn't see the fun in zombie walks and would be offended. (but as for me, you can offend me all you like as long as you give me money)