Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walks (in the United States Midwest Region) > The Ohio Zombie Walks

Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Default Chagrin Falls Zombie Walk Help

Trying to create buzz for the Chagrin Falls Zombie Walk going on during the Chagrin Documentary Film Festival next month.

The walk is on Friday, October 14th @ 6PM

Looking to get advice from fellow directors of zombie walks in regards to the route of the walk and if it made any difference in the amount of walkers the showed up. Right now it's scheduled to begin at Chagrin Falls Triangle Park and end at the high school auditorium.

Our concern is that by having it end at the high school which is a little ways out of town, many of the walkers will call it a night afterwards and not come back into Chagrin Falls where the rest of the film fest and activities are going on.

Some activities include dinner and drink specials at local restaurants if you're dressed as a zombie and another screening of a mockumentary at 9:45PM. If there's enough of a response on here, we might be able to change the route so it ends in town.

Any advice and all responses so we can get the most amount of people out for the walk/rest of the night are welcome! Thanks!!

Last edited by The Revenant; 09-28-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to mention needing to dress as a zombie for dinner specials
Old 10-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Hello! I have never directed a walk, but have been to many. Not sure how long your walk will be (length wise), but I like the walks that are longer vs. shorter. Some zombies do a lot to get into character and it's sad when the walk is short.

The only other thing I can think of is how the walk does not end where it begins. I went to a 3 mile walk like this once and it was a big hassle. You either had to take the city bus back to where you parked or walk back - It wouldn't have been bad to walk back but it was so hot that day that walking 3 miles back was not very appealing and most of the zombie crowd had dispersed so it wouldn't have been nearly as fun to walk back without the hoard of zombies. I know the event is this weekend, but if there is anyway to reroute your walk and have it make a full circuit so you end up back where you started I think that would make it more appealing and get more people back to the Festival too!

So cool to have a walk in Chagrin! Is this the 1st year? If not I am sad I missed the previous years!

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

This was such a FUN event! I am only sad more people didn't show up I have been to quite a few zombie events and this one was my favorite! :-D Such a great area and setting for it, really loved it!

Thank you so much for putting on this event! Hopefully you are thinking about doing it again next year, I am already planning on attending.

Last edited by CornStalk; 10-19-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Tags
chagrin falls, cleveland, zombie walk advice