Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!

Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! (http://www.zombiewalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zombie Walks (in Iceland & the Faeroe Islands) (http://www.zombiewalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   landkort á havn í Tórshavn (http://www.zombiewalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223)

Mćnníng 06-08-2008 11:36 AM

landkort á havn í Tórshavn

Her er landkort á eystur og vestur havn.

http://www.portoftorshavn.fo/data/im...4F7E1894AA.jpg

Vćnta meira upplýsing!

--Manning

Gorify 07-21-2008 12:45 AM

Gorify.zom

www.gorify.com

Mćnníng 07-21-2008 02:03 PM

I'm a fairly decent makeup artist myself (obviously not on your level mind you) but there are some awesome effects on your site. Gonna read through it in the morning :)

Gorify 07-21-2008 02:12 PM

Thanks for the compliment

If you dabble in FX makeup and have some experience, I think you will like our demos in the Makeup Tricks section. At the very least, you can check out the pictures, and if you have any questions on how we did the FX just send us an email and we will tell you.

So much fun!
Teresa

Mćnníng 07-22-2008 12:49 PM

Re: Thanks for the compliment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorify
If you dabble in FX makeup and have some experience, I think you will like our demos in the Makeup Tricks section. At the very least, you can check out the pictures, and if you have any questions on how we did the FX just send us an email and we will tell you.

So much fun!
Teresa

Those are some awesome effects, and I have most all the stuff to do them. My only thing is I had a bad experience a few years ago with spirit gum, so I'm a little gun shy with it, but I think I could pull off most of those effects useing good old fashioned latex and bathroom tissue.

My only real big question though is, how to do the ripped ear lob thing. That photo looks disgustingly fantastic :)

Gorify 07-22-2008 04:47 PM

earlobe

I'll do the earlobe demo in a month or so... What happened with Spirit Gum? I keep hearing people are scared of it, but I've never had a problem. I think maunfacturers are making it less strong than they used too, plus you gotta use the remover, and not try to peal it off your skin.

Anyway, the earlobe bit...

I used spirit gum to glue the earlobe behind the ear to the base of the skull/head/neck. You can use latex, or a medical adhesive. Then I used spirit gum and moritican's wax to build a fake earlobe (and blend it in behind the ear to cover up the real lobe), and covered it with latex. Then took a cuticle scissors to cut out the tear/whole. Then sculpt it a bit and cover it with more latex. Then you blend it with whatever other makeup you are using on the face & neck.

Good luck,
T

Mćnníng 07-24-2008 02:47 PM

Thnx a bunch, I'll have to get over my fear of spirit gum and try that. Anyway, basically what happened was a few years back I was making a decent sized tear down my forearm, and didn't like how it was turning out. So I went to take it off, being retarded coz I didn't think to use the remover coz I only use it when I'm cleaning up, plus I thought it wouldn't be dry enough to need the remover. Without going into too much detail, I almost didn't need to use stage blood, because I produced a fair amount of the real stuff. =)

Gundam Zombie 07-24-2008 03:34 PM

Those effects are great. Gorify thank you for posting the link, I thinking about *****ing some items.

Gorify 07-24-2008 05:48 PM

spirit gum

Holly Hell. Wow! You HAVE to use the spirit gum remover ALWAYS. I wonder if outside the US, the spirit gum is stronger than it is here. Or, if like I said, the manufacturers are making it less strong because of these kinds of problems and liability issues.

A few weeks ago, I used spirit gum on an actor on the set of a film and he literally sweated it off. There was some residual residue, but for the most part, it was gone, and I had to keep reapplying.

Now, many professional FX artists are using medical adhesives and silicone prosthetics, precisely because the latex and spirit gum do not hold up under hot lighting and heavy filming use. I considered selling these items online, but they are SERIOUS. The medical adhesives are the same ones that people use to attach their prosthetic limbs.

Fearing that someone would do what you described with a medical adhesive, made me "stick" to spirit gum. No pun intended.

Thanks, to the last post's author for the compliment and for joing the discussion.
So, be it,
Teresa

Mćnníng 07-25-2008 02:19 PM

I can't remember what brand the spirit gum was, it was almost four years ago, but I'd bet money it was an American brand. Most of the bigger name brands get imported all over here. It took me a little while, but I did manage to find an Icelandic costume / FX store that sells Ben Nye products. They're a little on the expensive side. But it's pretty much the only stuff I use. I'm not Tom Savini, but I like my zombie effects to look realistic and believable, so I don't mind paying for quality :)